Life is an article

"Life was good, back in the days". Ever thought about how the only remains of the past is how you remember it? Life is an article, my friend; it's up to you to make yesterday epic.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I live life hard. I love intensity, high speed and passionate romance. I'm a crooner, writer, poet, actor, snowboarder, singer and dancer, who trusts too much and falls in love too easily. I'm also a total nerd who can spend three days in a row playing computer games.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fears of commitment

Relationship after relationship is falling apart all around you. Some of the 'important' break-ups turn up in your newspaper, others you hear from the street just outside your window. Amateur of relationship studies Hjalmar Nordén comments to how he is still having nightmares about his last long-term commitment.

"It was a lovely two and a half year-story with ups and downs of all their kinds. I learnt tons about myself.." he mutters something indistinguishable about girls, then continues "Either way it was an amazing experience that I hope I will never have to suffer through again if I can avoid it". He admits to having bad dreams about slipping back into relationships with old routines, bad compromises and flights from reality inside role-playing games.

"Most of it was my fault really. That's what I fear the most you know, how easy it is to escape and simply stop thinking about one's own needs within the relationship." He explains how many of his friends have done the same mistakes, "It has been done before and it will happen again; people lock up their own problems in the back of their brain, then go mad (or simply admit defeat and break up), simply because they ignore dealing with themselves and their partners." he says with a grimace.

"Remember this" he finishes, "It's not a war you are dealing with out there. It's love. And there can be two winning sides. Just make sure you are a part of your own relationship."

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if I didn't read the articles, just the photos are great!!!
But anyway, in relationships you have to accept other peopple in their whole. You are together because you liked what they are, and now you want to change them??

18/6/06 10:39 am  
Blogger HjAa said...

Good point! Such things happen easily in long-term relationships. I believe it to be partially caused by the fact that you grow on to each other too much. Then, hoping to see some change in your life, you attack your partner instead of looking something up yourself.

24/6/06 9:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
I agree that we have to look at our selves first
I say that before doing anything a relationship,having kids or getting married !!
We have to fix our selves
We have to dig our dirty secrets
We have find out our problems and try to find the reasons behinde it !
But the most important thing is to know our selves AND THAT'S NOT AN EASY JOB!!
just try
:)

16/1/07 4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home